Cattle.com

Sheldon Wtd Avg Feeder Cattle Auction

Last Updated 1/4/2019 | View 11 Archived Reports

NW_LS727
Des Moines, IA    Fri Jan 4, 2019    USDA-IA Dept of Ag Market
 
Sheldon, IA Feeder Cattle Auction
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 01/04/2019
 
Receipts:  1502    Last Week:  1294    Year Ago:  1533
 
ICA Green/Gold Tag Precondition Feeder Calf Sale  -  no trend today 
due last sale was three weeks ago, but a lower undertone was noted. 
 Trade was active today with a higher offering. Receipts included 
54 percent steers and 46 percent heifers.  Cattle over 600 lbs was 29
percent steers and 19 percent heifers, totalling 48 percent.

                Feeder Steers Medium and Large 1
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
    5    300-320     308    185.00-191.00     188.51
   29    358-394     386    184.00-196.00     185.54
   16    405-427     422    180.00-189.00     184.45
    6    450-497     489    180.00-185.00     184.23
   70    500-548     524    170.00-177.00     172.87
   55    553-575     562    170.50-171.50     170.75
   95    602-638     614    161.00-166.00     163.52
   18    660-667     661    159.00-161.00     159.34
   16    707-719     712    156.00-162.00     159.35
   57    756-772     762    141.00-144.00     141.85
   10    818-830     820    133.00-138.50     137.39
    1      960       960       133.00         133.00

                Feeder Steers Medium and Large 1-2
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
    2      338       338       181.00         181.00
    8    355-396     391    179.00-181.00     179.23
   50    405-445     432    172.50-179.00     177.43
   21    455-498     473    162.00-171.00     165.63
   19    520-528     525    163.00-166.00     165.06
   79    558-598     575    161.00-169.50     167.42
   58    601-649     631    150.00-159.00     153.57
   69    653-698     683    150.00-157.00     152.24
   52    706-731     720    143.00-147.00     145.31
   29    775-796     791    133.00-139.00     137.77

                    Feeder Steers Medium 1-2
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
    2      425       425       155.00         155.00
    1      505       505       153.00         153.00
   16    553-592     577    150.00-157.00     155.24
   22    660-695     678    140.00-149.00     143.47
    1      720       720       136.00         136.00


                Feeder Heifers Medium and Large 1
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
   10    315-349     343    180.00-185.00     182.63
    4      389       389       171.00         171.00
   28    411-448     430    170.00-171.00     170.14
   50    451-493     470    160.50-168.00     163.28
   75    515-546     532    155.50-159.50     157.36
   25    559-560     559    151.00-154.00     152.68
  100    601-637     618    139.00-146.00     143.22
   38    671-678     677    140.00-141.00     140.87
   15    700-715     701    134.00-135.00     134.93
   18    759-780     765    131.00-132.00     131.72
   17      802       802       131.50         131.50

               Feeder Heifers Medium and Large 1-2
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
    8    318-320     320    172.00-172.50     172.12
    3    350-395     378    165.00-168.00     165.93
   17    407-411     409    165.00-168.00     166.76
   33    455-491     476    150.00-159.50     158.04
   28    507-544     524    151.00-153.00     151.53
   66    554-594     574    146.00-149.00     147.66
   34    606-649     638    135.00-138.00     136.46
   41    658-692     679    130.00-138.00     134.35
   10    710-743     723    131.00-133.00     132.59

                    Feeder Heifers Medium 1-2
 Head   Wt Range   Avg Wt    Price Range   Avg Price
    5    310-345     328    164.00-167.50     166.34
    8    379-380     379    157.00-158.00     157.87
    7      449       449       159.00         159.00
    3    475-480     477    140.00-145.00     141.68
   13    528-548     535    140.00-147.00     144.79
   22    589-596     591    141.00-144.00     143.09
    9    610-645     616    128.00-131.00     130.33
    1      730       730       127.00         127.00


Source:  Iowa Dept of Ag-USDA Market News,  Des Moines, IA
         515-284-4460
         e-mail:  desm.lgmn@ams.usda.gov
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/NW_LS727.txt
 
1836
 
mlh 
 
 
 
.